What is Outdoor Learning?
Outdoor Learning at Ludworth offers the chance for classes to enjoy our fabulous grounds whilst participating in creative learning experiences linked directly to the curriculum. Teachers therefore use this outdoor resource to inspire learning in maths, English, reading as well as science, geography and history.
Outdoor Learning examples include:
- taking a moment to read their class book in one of the log circles on the field or in the forest;
- engaging in place value maths lessons using twigs, peddles and leaves to represent hundreds, tens and ones;
- engaging in DEAL in the forest – perhaps discovering a letter left by a mysterious character,
- or engaging in scientific observations in our gardening area.
- The possibilities for Outdoor Learning here at Ludworth are endless!